The Crested Butte Creative District provides funding for temporary, ephemeral, and permanent public art in the Town of Crested Butte (“Town”) through its Paid to Create grants program. The Paid to Create grant program is designed to foster creative projects that can be enjoyed by the community at-large.
Individuals and organizations are encouraged to apply for funding for creative projects. While projects may be led by an organization, all funds from the Paid to Create grants must be used to pay creatives for the creation of public art.
The Creative District will consider grant requests up to $1,000. Applicants are encouraged to match their project budget to the project scope and size. Preference is given to applicants who can combine funding from the Paid to Create with additional resources, monetary or non-monetary, for the implementation, coordination, and marketing of the project.
The 2018 Granting Cycle is now closed. Please check back for future grant opportunities.
Schedule for Paid to Create Grants
- Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
- Grants approved at monthly Creative District Commission meeting.
- Project due by the end of the calendar year.
- Final report is due one week after project completion.
- The last day to apply for funding in 2018 will be July 1 with final funding recommendations made at the August 1, 2018.